Email security refers to the collective measures used to secure the access and content of an email account or service. It allows an individual or organization to protect the overall access to one or more email addresses/accounts.
An email service provider implements email security to secure subscriber email accounts and data from hackers – at rest and in transit.
Email security is a broad term that encompasses multiple techniques used to secure an email service. From an individual/end user standpoint, proactive email security measures include:
- Strong passwords
- Password rotations
- Spam filters
- Desktop-based anti-virus/anti-spam applications
Similarly, a service provider ensures email security by using strong password and access control mechanisms on an email server; encrypting and digitally signing email messages when in the inbox or in transit to or from a subscriber email address. It also implements firewall and software-based spam filtering applications to restrict unsolicited, untrustworthy and malicious email messages from delivery to a user’s inbox.
- Solution Modules Easily deploy a range of Solution Modules including Anti-Spam & Anti Virus, Sandboxing, Encryption, Archiving and Large File Transfer
- Sandboxing Solution Module Intercepts attachments in real-time for additional threat analysis in a behavioral sandbox
- Strong Perimeter Security Blocks up to 90% of all malicious content prior to secondary inspections
- Clustering Enables centralized management of email traffic, quarantine logs and reporting
- Policy Rules Per User Per Domain Customize all policies according to an organization’s specific priorities
- Daily Traffic Reports Allows individual users to manage their own white and black lists
- Available as SW Compatible With Virtual Platforms Easy to deploy on VMware, Hyper-V and Citrix Xenserver